View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripersnipr
Please explain how Terrorists behave then we can easily pick them out of the crowd and all our troubles will disappear. And if I am inciting or in any way upsetting Terrorists please forgive me.
Listen to any expert and they can give dozens of legally observed indicators that will provide a profile that's threatening (such as travel behavior, relationships etc...).

Terrorists can come from all walks of life. 1/3 of the Muslims in this country are black by the way...should we be stopping all black people as well?

It simply makes no sense in practice...oh, it's also racist.

Skipper, the real experts aren't usually the ones calling for racial profiling, it's more often the political right-wingers and social conservatives (i.e. Pat Robertson) using race and religion to incite fear in the masses. Perhaps some of these people think the Crusades are still going on...

And yes, this does play directly into Bin Laden's plans.

The more you demonize or defame all Muslims, the more you create sympathy among moderate Islam for the same political causes terrorists leverage as justification for their heinous actions.

We have a generation of Americans being told that Islam is the problem, which is a very weak argument when you think about it...the other side can simply say that we're the problem.

If you're trying to set up the End of Ages and a fight for the planet than this type of rhetoric may make sense. But if our goal is innovation and economic growth in a global economy it's quite counter productive to the American way of life.

And please save the "pre 9/11" mindset for the #^&#^&#^&#^& Cheney sound bites...the man holds the US Constitution in about as high of regard as a roll of Charmin (2 ply).

More rhetoric intended to divide Americans for political gain...and another win for the enemy.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote