View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
choggieman

realizing it is none of my business, I am good with your repsonse.
the question I should have asked is how many times a year you fish, how many of those trips are successful ( at least two keeper bass)? I am not in the least bit insinuating you take more than your limit. With your profile you have to keep a clean nose. What I am getting at is, for someone so close to the fishery and so rapt with the striped bass, you post lots of pictures of big dead bass. I do not know any fisherman who kills as many big bass as you do.(excluding comms.) I am sure you release 1000 keepers to the ones you kill ( a compliment), but there are lotsa dead big bass in your history. Do you ever keep smaller fish, say 30"? I prefer them eating wise any day over a 30lber, and most fisherman I know feel the same as I do. I am not attacking you, I am remaining civilized. I just wonder as many do, how much harvesting of the large fish of the new england stock can it sustain? Do you think there will be a day when there are no more big bass? Do you think we could ever see another moratorium? Many say the stock is in trouble- does harvest of the larger adult more prolific breeding fish help? We need not be at odds, I am just presenting my train of thought to you for feedback. Thank you very much