View Single Post
Old 09-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
parker23
No Trolling allowed

80% of the fish are caught by 20% of the anglers

Keeping a fish or two a week and PROPERLY releasing the rest is a drop in the bucket compared to the by-catch/or the idiots that step on fish to remove the hook and then kick the fish back in the water.

I do not know Bill, however, I bet he knows how to properly release a bass. I keep at least 15-20 fish/season and I release many good size bass. When I release a bass, I make sure that they are not critically injured. If a fish is bleeding or non-responsive to reviving techniques, I will bring that fish home.
Bill and Steve catch and properly release more fish than I could wish to imagine. Anglers that are passionate about Striper fishing are much more likely to take care of the fish they release as well as leaving the area they fish cleaner than when they arrived. During my shore fishing days, I cleaned up after the slobs left their trash on the shore after kicking their released fish back into the water.

I hate Government intervention into additional aspects of my life, however, we need enforcement of regs. I would be willing to shell out $100.00 a year for a saltwater fishing license, if the money was properly designated to the preservation of our beloved fish/environment.

Just my 2 cents.
Bruce