View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #18
stormfish

No I don't hate the Jews. My neighbors and landlord are Jewish so it doesn't bother me. The people don't bother me, it's the existance of a 60 year old country (Isreal) and how they handle affairs with their neighbors is what bothers me. It is because of that country that conflict exists in the middle east. Our intervention from history in that area is what affects the crisis we face today. The more we do the worst and more tense it gets. That's why I think we should admit some sort of defeat and let the Middle East carry on their affairs. This can cause concerns for homeland securities, but why not do more for our country as in protection rather than cause reasons for our country to be attacked? Like I mentioned throughout the thread, we're only causing more radical islamist and that can be backed by the NIE. But then again the NIE reported weapons of mass destruction in Iraq being developed in 2002.

What it boils down to is a big mess that we the U.S. got ourselves into. If we admit defeat and go on the defensive then, maybe we can save moral victory as with being safe at home. Don't intervene with Isreal and let the Muslim and Jews blow each other up. Why should be care?

300 billion dollars is what is being spent on the war in Iraq as of today. President Karzai mentioned with that much money, Afghanistan would be heaven within 1 year. That means terrorist free and an operating country. That may sound like bull, but this is the guy we help vouched as their president so going against his words would be a contradiction.

Bottomline, this is a war that we cannot win. Let's not spawn another Vietnam war. A war with little if any cause. Remember Iraq wasn't about terrorism from the start, it was Afghanistan. Close to 3000 American civilians were killed in 9/11, we're bound to reach that mark in American Soldiers soon. So with a year or month the total mortality of this ordeal since 9/11 would be 6000+ Americans. Should we go there?

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote