View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #18
stormfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman
HOW can you not like these 2 guys.....Grogan rocked, his naked Bootleg was legendary .
I'm sure it was but I wasn't a Patriots fan. My parents are but I'm not. I became a Broncos fan somewhere in the early 80's when I was first introduced to football. My parents were cheering for the Pats and me being me rooted for the underdog, the Broncos. After being sacked and pummeled I seen John Elway who always has a smile on his face through thick and thin became my idol. That's the type of guy I wanted to be I said to myself. Always smiling at the end of the day... Eversince I followed the Broncos to the superbowl with the Redskins, Giants and 49ers in which was 2 tough battles in with Cleveland and Kosar in the AFC Championship game ended up with Elway comebacks. Ernest Byner did us a favor by fumbling at the 1 but it was the connection from Elway to Mark Jackson that brought us to the Superbowl. It was a good thing Elway took 2 titles with him before he retired. He deserved it!

As with Grogan and Morgan, I never got into them much even though they were legends in Pats football.

fish when you can is the way I do it man
stormfish is offline   Reply With Quote