Thread: Hunting gear
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #10
maddog2020

Roaches is still there next to the US Post Office. Not the place it was 20 yrs ago. They sell a lot of clothes for commutors now. I popped in there last yr to say hello. Some familiar faces - all of us are a little gray now.

Dunno if you knew Russell or not (asian guy - friend of the family who owns/runs Roaches), but he passed away few yrs ago. Found out from Steve V. who I knew as a kid when I use to go to Bob Smiths when it was on Franklin St in Boston. He was a rep for big outdoor company - bumped into him at Spags several yrs ago - recognized his voice.... hadn't seen him in about 20 yrs....lol.

Lew Hortons in Framingham - use to be one of the best outfitter style stores in the area. I use to go there when it was on Rt 135 near the train stop. Great selectio of clothes and firearms. I dunno if you knew Billy or not, but he is on the other board as "worcboy" - looks the same, a little heavier, but aren't we all.

Most of my outdoor gear is pretty ancient and I haven't purchased any firearms for hunting in well over a decade. Hunting is a dying past time unfortunately. Small specialized archery stores exhist - haven't been into that for about a decade now ... lol.

Lebanon Sports in Lebanon CT - off Rt 2 was a great little place. I think they are gone now. I haven't been down that way to deer hunt in almost 4 yrs now. Opening day for ducks my college buddy and I and a couple of other guys would get together no matter what! Did that for a very long time - sort of got out of it the past 4 or so yrs. All of us started to have kids and you know how that goes.

Like I had said before - it's been mail order for specialized hunting gear or I pop into LL Bean or Kittery TP when I am up that way and browse around. Some time I order two sizes and hope one will work. Gets to be a nuisance to send it back and stuff for credit.

If you find a good local hunting store let us know.

Ray 'md2020'
maddog2020 is offline   Reply With Quote