Thread: John Kerry
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #78
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekcotuit View Post
President Bush seized the opportunity to grandstand in a crowd of friendlies and labeled Senator Kerry's remarks "insulting" and "shameful." Insulting and shameful. Sort of like... I don't know... "Bring 'em on." Bring 'em on" was not only insulting and shameful, it was a death sentence.
But when I saw the tape of the president's stump speech and heard him say, "Our troops deserve the full support of our government," in the context of blasting the senator's gaffe, I instantly flashed back to "bring 'em on" and the six year nightmare this man's administration has wrought upon you and I and especially our soldiers in Iraq whose sacrifice was a premeditated and cynical political plot designed as the cornerstone of their Commander-in-Chief's strategy for winning a second term. They deserve better than "bring 'em on" and the president deserves to be reminded of that statement for the remainder of his pathetic career in Washington. As Kerry said, it's Bush who should apologize to the troops for sending them off to die with no clear strategy for winning.
Well said.

But I'd add that you're nothing more than a pink pany wearing commie who's stuck on the 2000 election. Face it, Bush won!

-spence