Thread: John Kerry
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:00 AM   #110
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
This isn't that complicated. It's just like if I say something stupid to my wife I didn't mean, she still wants me to say I'm sorry...

But to be honest, the entire thing is absurd. You're telling me the US MARINES need an appology over a botched joke?

Kerry is an easy target and I think a lot of the Bush Bots just feel good jumping on the pile.

-spence
As I said before he half/assed apoligized, I dont think an apology is needed. He said what he said and people will intrepret it as they choose apology or not. Bush, Hillary, and Ford to name a few felt an apology was required so after a few days he changed his position on apologizing and made an attempt at it. As far as Marines requiring it, nope I dont think all the apologies in the world are going to change their viewpoint of John Kerry. The Democrats at this point need to scramble to minimize the overall effect this will have on the Miltary vote. If our Miltary demonstrates a transposed Democratic strategy (Anything Against Bush) into Anything Against Kerry, it could hurt in 06 and 08. As far as the botched joke thing, his attempt at trying to make a joke referencing Bush as an uneducated idiot (As if refering to a sitting President as an uneducated idiot in War time is acceptable by any low standard of decency) has had the opposite effect especially seeing how Bush had a higher GPA at Yale then Kerry did. If there wasn't a pattern of these types of remarks by Kerry maybe this would go away as quietly as you would like.