Thread: John Kerry
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #114
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's all about politics. The botched joke was political, the Whitehouse jumping on it was political, and the Dems calling for an appology was political...

And still nearly all of the 40+ Iraq vets running for Congress are on the Democratic ticket.

I think the US Military cares a lot more about where they're going to be sent, why they're going to be sent and if they'll be properly equipped with a plan for success!

THAN ANYTHING JOHN KERRY HAS TO SAY.

-spence
Well if the Democrats are politicizing the issue I guess its okay, but shame on Republicans for the same thing,

While those 40 Democrat/Soldiers chose to run for office rather than fighting a War might tell us a little something in itself.

As far as what the Military thinks about John Kerry I have some first hand knowledge on that matter considering I have several family members both deployed and returned (and one volunteering to go back) from Iraq and trust me on this: They and their friends do not consider John Kerry a friend or a hero, and yes they do care when a Senator from their home state accuses them of Terrorizing women and children.
As far as being concerned about where and why they are deployed, of course they wonder where but being soldiers and airmen the why isn't really their concern. Accomplishing the mission they are assigned is their concern. While they may not agree with all of Bushs strategic policies they do have a far better understanding of them than you or I and they do agree with most. The objections they do have are expressed in a thoughtful and respectful manner. In my book that makes them better Soldiers, Airmen and Human Beings than Kerry ever thought of being. (By the way they all but one are college graduates)