View Single Post
Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 AM   #10
Joe

Anthony - Thanks for the kudos on the site - I'm glad you like the stuff.....

Tattoo is sending me some mullet pattern 2oz Darters today - that is a new pattern....I'll post a picture tomorrow when they come in - but it's up now if you want it sight unseen. Knowing Tattoo it will be nice.

Hab's blessed me with needles.....All honor and praise is his.

RE: The Book: Thank you for your interest....Most of the chapters center around outings in New Jersey circa 1919 - along the outer beach when it was still wild. Cool stuff - great writing.

I've spoken to Dennis about his book - it may be a good fit. I want to print short-run titles that are narrowly focused yet can be at least somewhat profitable. I have a printing background and I have a top-notch design and pre-press person - so I can self-publish without looking as bad as most. But my pockets are not that deep - I can't afford to have an early flop or I'm out of business. So before I entertain a more risky project I want to have a couple of moderate successes.

If I were to state my breakeven costs and business strategies I'd have several less imaginative people immediately trying to copy what I'm doing - so that's not a conversation for the world.

Frank's work is not without merit and he has power and influence in the outdoor press, and you're a very good customer - I'd rather have both of you like me.