View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
spence

I don't believe Bush has ever completed "born again" certification...but he does like people to think he is. Obviously this is used well by his political advisors.

Personally I don't have any issue with evangelicals, as long as they keep a firewall between their faith and politics and keep it to themselves. But some of the widespread beliefs shared in this community I do find quite difficult to comprehend or just simply outdated, bigoted and very intolerant.

Could a born again be a good leader? I'm sure they could...but you'd have to consider that most of those in politics professing to be motivated by Christ rarely, if ever actually behave like Jesus would.

The Haggert thing was the icing on the cake. For a man, in all likelyhood a gay man to speak of this darkness that's tormented him his entire life is just pathetic. It seems he was a natural leader, image what he could have done to improve the world had his life not been weighed down by this anchor of self-hate.

Lord only know how his kids minds work. How much you want to bet they off some gay kid at school as payback for this "sickness" ruining their trust funds?

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote