View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
BMEUPSCOTTY

hunting is dead...

in MA. Just saw on the news (at the beginning, no less) that the town of Upton made a big deal about having a deer check station near a playground. Heard some selectman lady saying "this is the time of year kids have reindeer in their heads, live reindeer and this is the last thing these kids want to see." ????????? Until I was twelve and could go with him, I spent my hunting season afternoons glued to the window, waiting for dad to get home from hunting. I couldn't wait to see if he got one. Don't hunters around here raise little hunters?? WTF is wrong here?? I initially was yelling and screaming at the tv, then started laughing, realizing that I don't have to worry. When I moved here in 91, I left my guns in PA, that's where I do my hunting anyways. I remember when I was in Red Top, not long after moving here, someone came in to buy BB's. The clerk asked to see something called an FID card. A what?!?!?!?! For !#$@$#@ BB's?!?!?!?!? I remember back home when my freind turned 16. He wanted a new shotgun for his birthday, so his parents gave him the money for one. We walked across town to the sporting goods store and he bought one. Walked back through town with it. I would give anyone $100 to try that around here. I am sure glad we have almost 500 acres in the family...

ps isn't upton west of 495??? I thought they were a little more normal out there... In PA they are trying to promote and preserve hunting. Their mentored hunting program allows kids under twelve to hunt (at the side of a mentor) chucks, squirrels and spring gobblers this year, and antlered deer starting next year. The Game Commision (not the towns) buys up any and all open space in the state to turn into public game lands. (which are open to non-hunting activities as well) I gotta give some kudos to you guys who still do it around here, with all the anti-sentiment and ignorance that exists. But you better pass it on to your kids, or it will be gone. Then everyone will be bitching about the ticks and rising auto insurance rates, and they'll come up with some ridiculous and un-natural "solution" to that. Remeber when they outlawed those cruel traps a few years ago?? I had a good laugh while the beavers flooded everyones basements...

Last edited by BMEUPSCOTTY; 11-28-2006 at 06:49 PM..
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote