View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #26
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So I'm paying for something that I didn't use??? I agree that the hospitals have a lot of overhead but how is that the ins. co. fault?

When Pfizer stops trials on a drug and writes off $800m. do they add that cost to another drug or when Exxon stops development of a oil field, they don't add the cost to another field.

There is currently overcapacity in the medical industry and in certain areas hosptitals s/b closed (NYC wants to close 8-10 I think).

The $1295 was the from the EOB. I don't think ins. would be able to negotiate a disc. on an emerg. room service

This will be a never ending thread/debate. It's our current system and unless Canada or some other country with national health insurance invades us and puts us under their rule it will NEVER change. People way smarter than me have been trying to make it better and have made little to no progress. Just wait for EMR(Electronic Medical Record) debate/implementation. That is going to put national insurance on the back burner while they come up with a way to interface with everyone's computer systems!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote