View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Coyotes almost got my golden

Last night Bev is on the phone looking out the kitchen window and she yells something big just ran past Minnie and is on the wall looking at her. I grabbed the flashlight and ran outside. About 25 feet away from Minnie is two coyotes checking out my dog. Bev said the dog ran by her so close it looked like they were only a couple of feet apart. I think the coyote was checking to see if my dog could defend herself because she is bigger than the coytoes. She is limping from when her hind leg at the first joint above the foot hit the top step as she ran onto the deck. I start yelling at the my dog to get up here and she wants to check out her new friends. Ya there were two of them one big and one not so big. Minnie limps up to the deck and the coyotes never moved even when I started off the deck to meet the dog halfway. Not until I brought the dog inside did the coytoes finally lose interest and disappear over the wall. I have been meaning to buy my first at home weapon for quite some time and I think the time is right.

Also this morning my wife beeps to me at 6:30 a.m. as she backs out of the driveway. I am sure the neighbors appreciated the beep. I turn to look at her and she is pointing behind me. I figure I am turning around to face down the coytoes again when I get to look at the biggest buck I have ever seen sauntering across the side yard. Mr. 8 pointer walks over to the arborvite and proceeds to eat breakfast. What a sight. Looked well over 200 #'s.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote