View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 09:19 AM   #30
Mr. Sandman

Didn't know that s-b.com had a vehicle....wow.

I hate paying interest on a depreciating asset. I have been lucky the last few years in that I have been able to get 0%. I tend to wait until the auto buyers are really hurt'n then I walk in and ask for 0% on a new big truck. They normally make it happen. You get a cycle like this every 4 or 5 years or so. 0% is the best way to buy on time...use their money.

Car buyin in 90% of the dealerships suck. The "what will it take for you do drive this away today" sales pitch is the wrong way. IMO the best buyin experience was with a caddie. They were very helpful, very polite, and zero pressure and it was actually fun. All the other dealers I have been to are more concerned about moving the stuff in the lot today!!!!!!! If you want your best deal you need to really get into it with them and argue it down to the last buck, when you are done, your tired, frustrated and generally unhappy.

I would like to see the dealers as we know them today disappear, and buy direct over the internet from the factory, and pay someone to deliver the vehicle to me. For test drives and info they could have a couple regional centers that had demo vehicles but you buy it online. Time to cut-out all this subjective pricing and middleman markup crap once and for all. Same goes for insurance and real estate . (sorry if this offends anyone)
For once I would like to get a vehicle with exactly all the features i want and without the ones I don't want. If you place an order like that with a dealer it will take forever to get it if ever.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 01-03-2007 at 09:25 AM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote