View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #21
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Yea for sure Dave. Yanno I put fault on this on both sides. #1 Turner should have notified the city etc about this stuff before they did it. Maybe it's me but I find it very socially irresponsible to just throw 38 of these things around the city and leave them there. They would get wrecked/run over etc and it's useless trash in the city. That they would do something like this is disgusting. Obviously not well thought out.

But #2 I fault the cops etc too. I just saw pictures of these things. They are very clearly something commercially made...LITERALLY a plastic front panel meant to look like a lite-brite with 4 D cell batteries, a photocell, and a capacitor that only acts as a switch when the photocell reaches a low enough resistance the capacitor charges and allows the led lights to light up. VERY simple electronics. VERY simple circuit. THAT the Boston Police etc would call these IED's just blows my mind. The first one yes maybe as a real far stretch...but to the extent that they went to today it just boggles my mind the resources they wasted. A simple circuit with led lights in a commercially manufactured/molded panel that looks like a cartoon character is hardly something to be called an ied.

Edit and they been there for 3-4 weeks too...theres a article on the boston herald site that quotes a guy from ny that says he took a pic of one and stole it on january 15. NO-ONE noticed these til today?
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote