View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 PM   #41
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Thomas View Post
There's no doubt we could "Monday night quarterback" this issue to death, if not done already. It's like saying the interference call against the Pats was wrong. It's done, theres nothing we can do from it other than LEARN!

How many dummy devices need to be destroyed before something actually goes off?

It's a judgement call. None of us (that I know of) were there when this happened. I know that if I arrived on a scene like this, I'd be taking extreme caution too. Blame it on whoever you want, Bush, terrorism..whatever. Like I said, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Unless we know the particulars from people on scene and investigators (which we will probably never see) we need to keep something in mind here. They acted in OUR best interest. They were out there protecting us.

A beautiful quote from "A Few Good Men"

Lt. Weinberg: Why do you like them so much?
Galloway: Because they stand upon a wall and say, "Nothing's going to hurt you tonight, not on my watch."

Believe it or not, folks, MOST cops feel this way...I know I do!

Have a good night and enjoy your sleep. Someone out there (Cop) is trying to protect you.
Amen, If we could divert some of this anger away from the people who are looking out for us and direct it at those who truly wish us harm, we'd all be safer for it.
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote