View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 08:36 AM   #54
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I don't think the problem is what they looked like......they could have been teddy bears for all anyone cared. Its the Locations these idiots chose. Ever since 9/11 we've been hearing about the possibility of having our bridges attacked and these knuckleheads put these all around the bridge abutments. they should have just put a couple on the LNG tanks and called it a day.

If you see dozens of similar looking devices, whether they look like toys or cartoon characters (face it, They aren't going to look like an Alarm Clock taped to Road Flares), a bell has to go off and it needs to be looked at.....Unfortunately thats the day and age we live in.

I personally think Law Enforcement did exactly what they are supposed to in a situation like this....Proceeded with caution and made sure everyone was safe.

The last thing I would have wanted to hear was that this officers last words were "Aw Look, its that cartoon character Ignignokt from Aqua Teen" BOOM and he's all done.

Like our Grandparents have always said "Better Safe Than Sorry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinncognito View Post
What gets me is that it took ALL FFFFING DAY to figure it out. They actually blew up several of these LITE-BRITES! Why did someone NOT do a simple internet search on that character? The city/state wasted THOUSANDS of OUR tax money on something most fourth graders could have figured out in a half-hour. WTF!

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote