View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin d View Post
The key here is that she is not only held accountable to civil law but to the Uniform Code of Military Justice. She chose to live under those rules and regulations and is upset that when she violated them, she paid the price. As for the theory that just because someone else did something wrong so she shouldn't be held accountable for her actions, didn't that go out the window in 5th grade? You remember you folks saying "If Johnny jumped off the bridge would you jump too?" I personally don't care if she poses naked but it annoys me that she thinks the military is wrong for disciplining her for violating policies she knew she was violating.
The UCMJ has nothing to do with what she did wrong. That is a set of rules that describe the Judicial Process in the Military, not a set of laws that you have to follow as a member of the Military. You are confusing the UCMJ with Army/Navy Regulations

If she was ordered to Not Pose In Playboy and then did it she could be charged, under the Guidlines of the UCMJ, with Disobeying a Lawful Order.

and as far as the 5th grade analogy I'm not saying she should get off because others do it....I just don't see a crime here. and the military doesn't either.

What is she being charged with?? Not for nothing But they don't have anything to legally charge her with...they are just not happy and they are sweeping her under the rug. Nowhere in that article does it say she was charged with anything they are just making her Non-active.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote