Thread: Pink Floyd
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 12:52 PM   #23
DZ

Greatest band ever. Love to listen on the headphones. Get the "Pulse DVD" and enjoy. Long for a reunion.

Here's a little craziness I penned awhile back. Pink Floyd Fans pick out the song titles.

“WISH YOU WERE HERE"

“Hey you,” said a voice from the darkest corner of the parking lot. “There are some nice fish down at the light,” the voice continued. Jack Diamond and I walked over toward the unknown angler hoping he would keep talking. The mysterious caster mentioned he had been spooled by a good fish and was heading home to get his spare. “Is there anybody out there”, I asked. He replied that he hadn’t seen anyone and figured there was nobody home.
Jack and I hopped over the wall and scrambled toward the lighthouse. “Run like hell,” I told him as I almost tripped over another brick from the wall. "One of these days I’m going to take a header tripping over that brick." We had to hurry as there was not much time left in the tide.
Our high hopes were now soaring. As we waded out to our rock perches I could see a few neck-lights about 100 yards down the coast toward Naps. It was just us and them on the rocks tonight.
I clipped on my new pink Floyd Roman Nike plug and let fly my first cast. This rare plug cost me lots of money. I didn’t want to lose it. I hooked up immediately and the cow began to take lots of line. “Don’t leave me now,” I uttered under my breath as she headed toward Fishers Island. Jack yelled that he was also onto a good bass.
We both landed our hook-ups some time later. I had a real nice fish around 50 but Jack’s had to go 60. “Shine on you crazy Diamond”, I said as I shook his hand. “This has to be the happiest day of our lives”, Jack said as we were now very content and feeling comfortably numb.

Sweet Dreams

DZ

DZ
Recreational Surfcaster
"Limit Your Kill - Don't Kill Your Limit"

Bi + Ne = SB 2

If you haven't heard of the Snowstorm Blitz of 1987 - you someday will.
DZ is offline   Reply With Quote