View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #3
Slipknot
Super Moderator

THE TOWNS COLLECT AN EXCISE TAX ON ALL business property and call it a personal property tax.

If you are a registered business with your town, they want the tax money. The town also pays someone to drive around and check for signs of businesses at homes that they don't already have listed.

not sure what you received but that is what it sounds like

I pay an excise tax on my equipment used to conduct my business.and I paid the sales tax on it long ago, now I keep paying this excise tax every year just like I do on the car and truck and trailers.

they will depreciate the syuff so you won't have to pay based on the actual cost, you pay on the value of the business property. Someday they will show up to do an audit also. just list a few things and mail it in, they won't know any different.

Last edited by Slipknot; 03-13-2007 at 05:40 PM..

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote