View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 12:22 PM   #15
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I assume the plane is going to land at JFK, and that it'll sit out on the tarmac, away from the terminals, after His Excellency or whatever he calls himself is ferried off by a limo which drives up to the plane. I don't see what the 25 bozos sitting on the plane can see out of of a 12" x 6" window that they couldn't see from a terminal or other public area of the airport. I also further assume that some guys from the FBI will probably be hanging out around the plane, to provide 2-way security--keeping people away, and keeping this clown's entourage on the plane.

Commercial aircraft are pretty well insulated (after all, a lot of times the ambient air temp is less than -100* F at 35,000'). The noise coming out of an engine under full takeoff power can deafen you on the ground, but on the plane, even if you're sitting right next to the exhaust, you hardly hear it. I would imagine that electronic eavesdropping isn't going to get them much.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote