Thread: 22 dead kids
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #72
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Did anyone notice how well all of the students spoke before the camera? How polite they were and even if they condemned/critisized someones job performance they were decent about it. VTech has a strong/large ROTC background and courses. The students seemed mature and had a good grasp of what had taken place.

One more thing, a gunmen bent on murder doesn't have his weapon holstered, its out and in the gunman's hand ready to perform. The law abiding citizen keeps his weapon holstered, probably with a saftey snap mechanism. If some pulls a gun on you you have no way of getting yours out to defend yourself. Any training states, distance first, then defense. Any officer who has survived a shooting will tell you he turned and ran first then while running drew his weapon. My point is how many college students are going to know what to do if faced with what the VTech students were faced with. How many without any real training would actually pull the trigger? I know people who are trained to pull the trigger that are incapable of doing so. I know that trainees in police academys when given thier weapons can't pull the trigger and were dismissed/fired.

The other point I can think of is suppose 20 of 30 students have weapons on them (most would be left in backpacks, which is an absurd thought, and not on there person) in a class. Someone comes into the room, gets the dropped on them and confiscates the 20 weapons from the carrying students. Now the gunman would have 22 weapons, not 2.

I know what you mean b-turbed but when this guy fires 27 rounds in under a minute in the first classroom thier is not much one can do. Stories of the heroic acts are starting to emerge. I am sure we will hear of students teachers who attempted to engage this puke and died.

Last edited by Swimmer; 04-17-2007 at 01:38 PM..

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote