Thread: Fuel costs
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #22
labrax

$40 to get just over a 1/2 tank this evening for an Expedition. That would have filled the VW from fumes, but that car was making up the $$ difference in repair bills....

Yeah, there is no incentive for the companies making historic profits per fiscal quarter to do anything different. We keep buying it, so they will keep the supply at a level where they can get the most for it. It will be $3.30 - $3.50 by the July 4th holiday.

It is irritating to see that the prices go down per barrel and the prices at the pump go up. I am in my late thirties, but it does seem that in the past few years - the price is always going up at the slightest perceived political problem, or excuse. I literally heard that CA was experiencing a fuel issue and a big spike in prices about 1.5 months ago - because a raccoon had gotten in and shorted out their electrical power generation capability and that brought two refineries down for two days, or rather reduced their capabilities for two days. Iran or Korea's nuclear programs, increased demand during warmer months, Mercury in retrograde, etc., etc., etc.

In my naive and unsophisticated perspective it is the commodity markets and investors that are driving this - whatever they can get away with they will - because they can....
labrax is offline   Reply With Quote