View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 04:58 PM   #14
Diamond Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexhamer View Post
To VTBOB - Isn't it fair to say that "guns on campus" is how the whole problem started in the first place?
No its not fair, and also not logical.
It doesnt follow any logical reasoning to solve or prevent the "whole problem" as you stated. Guns were already "banned" on campus,so how much more banned can we make them, murder is also illegal, how much more illegal can we make it so the insane will obey ?? threat of life in prison or the Death penalty obviously would not have stopped this guy.
Criminals and insane people obey no laws
So I dont follow the logic of "guns on campus" at all. Not sure how you intend to physically prevent it either, unless you are proposing Airport type of security at the Gates, do you know how much thats gonna take ?and it still would never be 100% effective + you would have to turn every University literally into a PRISON with barbed wire fences to even try to achieve it.
I do agree that THIS particular person should have been BLOCKED from PURCHASING a weapon of any kind, and this is where everyone should be focusing if we really want to try to prevent this in the future. Debating guns on campus, does little at this point, and unfortunately if these types or rampages continue to happen, we WILL need a qualified "marshall" of some kind on every class, which is also pretty nuts IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexhamer View Post
.... but I do know that more people with guns is NOT the answer!
Not to pick on your opinion, but what do YOU think IS a possible solution ? rather than what you feel is NOT a solution.

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote