View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #21
Diamond Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Tinman, I only ever knew one officer who couldn't shoot because he contracted a disease from the inside of a jail cell in the station he worked at that was riddle with mold. His sight was pitiful.

Other than that one officer every other one I know could shoot really well. That being said, officers are human and as such can never state unequivically what they will do in a shoot out unless of course they have allready been involved in one, or is a defective person who is dying to shoot someone to begin with.
I should have clarified that statement better, I meant ON PAPER , cause thats the only place I can SEE them shoot, wouldnt really want to see them shoot a live perp anyway. Most guys i know(I would say as high as 90%) that punch paper and do it on a regular basis are better shots than the average cop(IMO), another reason I say this, most cops shoot just enought to stay qualified with that weapon, not many really enjoy going to the range to stay sharp. And one cop I showed how to field strip his Glock, said to me " i didnt know it came apart like that", u cant make that up. It was loaded with brass shavings,had not been properly cleaned in ages. Scary.

But I will retract my statement, since its only from I have seen and obviously not indicative of all LE.

Diamond Tackle is offline   Reply With Quote