Thread: The Sopranos
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 01:12 PM   #210
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

I could see a few ways the show could end.

Paulie sets Tony up to be whacked by Phil's guys. Add in the irony of Tony not (literally) burying the hatchet in Paulie's head on the boat in Florida, when the temptation to do it was obvious.

Paulie can't bring himself to follow thru and tells Tony, who beats Paulie to death with his bare hands ala Ralphie. Paulie got Bobby killed and Sil on the brink of dying, and Tony can't let him off the hook even for saving his own life. Remember Paulie asking Pussy's ghost "when my turn comes, will I stand up" in that dream?

Paulie's pulling a double double cross and leads Tony to Phil's hiding place, where Tony whacks Phil.

Janice blames Tony for Bobby getting whacked and shoots him in a fit of anger.

Tony realizes his only chance is running to the Feds. Obviously, with Tony's crime family in a shambles---Bobby whacked, Sil a vegetable and likely toast too, Chrissy dead and never replaced, Vito's replacement green and ineffective, and Paulie almost certainly turned--Tony either has to die or go into witness protection. His days as a boss are done.

Last edited by Mike P; 06-04-2007 at 01:20 PM..

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote