View Single Post
Old 06-13-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
Karl F

Arrow

Bingo Dad! ...

zacs.. curious...how old are you?

reason I ask, is, I think it's in all what each individual remembers.

I remember much of what TDF referenced...

Trust in authourity figures... freedon to roam around.. more one on one with people... not machines..

Call a company.. talk with a person.. a human being.. not a prerecorded menu.. push one for this two for that.. etc..

Doctors that would come to your house in the middle of the night for a sick kid.. or elderly person.

Being more afraid of the old man, than the local cops..

R E S E P E C T for other folks.. property.. and being polite...

Cashiers that said thank you, after they counted your change back (!).. and not.. answering with.. your welcome.. (WTF.. I gave them money.. and they say your welcome!.. always irks me.. only reason I say Thanks to a clerk is to solicit some kinda response...)

Kids miss out big time on all the freedom.. like TDF stated..

I guess if they can't remember different.. they think it's OK..

But I think it's a downright shame what's become of this society over the last half century...

But.. like I earleir stated.. maybe it's an age thing...

I think Credit Cards (Diner Club started it in the fifties), TV commercials.. Fast Food.. Shopping Malls.. Forced Sunday Openings for almost all business.. the "Cookie Cutter" mentality.. Super Highways.. I mean.. travelling across country in the fiftes/sixties.. greasy spoons, diners and "Americana".. have been replaced by Super Highways with Mall Exits.. you get off the highway.. you could be "Anywhere"..
No "Local Color".. anymore..

No Ethics anymore.. Morality?.. that's been dead and buried for years.. Local Govt. on up..

We Are in the Toilet.. compared to What us "Older Folks".. Knew.. No Doubt.

But.. It's all in what you Remeber.. I guess...and the powers that be, really want us to Forget.
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote