View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 08:52 PM   #45
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow eddie View Post
i do agree with the start of the end in the 60's, but for a different reason. i do believe that when the mother had to go to work to make ends meet was the downfall of the family as a unit.
I see that too as another contributing factor. Imo,Women's Lib was for all the right reasons in allowing women to be equal to men in pay and promotion.

However, i think alot of women took it to the extreme in wanting it all- career,marriage, children, and i'm not so sure in the 60s, women did it to make ends meet as much as wanting to have it all. Today most do it to make ends meet, but man, having to have new cars, flat screen tv, and a million other material things is not making ends meet.

Having been involved in helping to bring up my Grandkids in 2 parent working families i've seen first hand the damages to the family.

Parents getting up 5am to get their kids off to day care, or to their grandparent's, working to 6pm, picking up the kids, cooking, cleaning, getting the kids to bed, getting ready for the next day.

Two ships passing in the night, no time for communication. Then filling alot of nights and weekends with kid's activities and taking them out to dinner to spend time with them.

It's insane, i've seen the frazzled looks and physical exhaustion.
I gotta beleive that pschycotropic drugs are not the second most prescribed drugs for nothing.

Just not the way a family is intended to be.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote