View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #19
NIGHT STRIKES

We have a similiar problem with this ethic group at one of my local waterways,,,
It seems that they have taken over a particular tide cycle outfitted with fast moving zodiacs (6 at a time) and rape the sea of every short striper that gets hooked by them...

We wanted so bad to take things into our own hands but we finally felt it was in our best interest to let the local Fish & Wildlife offiicals take care of it.. They have a program called "Operation Game Theif".
Well calls and descriptions we placed and things were set into motion.
It got frustrating to fish this area and to continue to see this poaching taking place , but we were assured that something will get done and that it takes time...

Well finally one of these guys got busted with short stripers and written up for multiple boating infractions because the crafts that they were in had no registration and not even any lights and this was all happening at night..

But you know what two weeks ago I was back down this way and saw two more of this group back at it... We planned another trip there this weekend and I tell you - if I see it going on again - it might go down a little different this time....