View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:40 PM   #35
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
Do you fall for all thinly veiled news stories??!? Not just you... all of you that are outraged that he served chilean sea bass. Do you check the endagered species list before you eat? I can't believe how easily duped the majority of the American public is.. you guys see this and eat it right up... (bad pun :P ) Listen to yourselves!
This guy knows that everything he does is looked at and scrutinized. He may not have chosen the menu, or even approved it. But, I'm sure he (or Tipper) knew what was being served. He makes himself a public figure, so he has to deal with the media attention whether it is positive or negative. I personally think he's a doofus, but I don't wish bad things on anyone (like a son getting arrested for drugs), including him. As far as him being "for the environment", that's great, but it doesn't make him a wonderful person. It just makes him someone who has a public platform to try to get people to vote for him for president someday. And, I do check the endangered species list before I eat. As long as cows, pigs and pasta are not on it, I'll be o.k.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote