View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
BrianS
Canal Junkie

Send a message via AIM to BrianS
no george

other place came, took my TV for two weeks, and when we picked it up, it was still broken..

got on the phone with circuit city customer care - they told me since even though it was two different repair shops, their first visits were in the same month so they would need to send a THIRD repair shop out to verify it was broken... i called her a few choice words, then decided i needed to calm down so i told her i would be calling back.

i called back, they decided the TV could be replaced - finally - and the girl who i called the choice words to had started the process.

I had to spend an additional $500 for TV and wall shelf but I am now the proud owner of a 37" Vizio HD LCD.

HOWEVER.. its not done...

1. They told me I would get a refund for my remaining warantee on the old TV... Customer care told me to go to the store to fill out a form, the store had no idea what I was talking about and told me to call customer care... I did.. repeat... Only this time I got REALLY pissed with other customers arounds and DEMANDED they call customer care... She got on the phone, after 15 mins of them arguing, customer care wanted to talk to me... I spent $160 on the extended warantee, he told me that after 1. an administrative fee was taken out, and 2. The cost of the TV repair (which had to be WELL over $500), I would automatically get a check for the rest... I FLIPPED out in the store, told the guy I was sick of their %$%$%$%$, and to IMMEDIATELY fax me a copy of all these "rules" pertaining to the warantee they were pulling out of their ass.. He told me to find the three page phamplet in the store, I laughed, called him an assh**le, and told him NONE of that was in there.. He told me to stop swearing, it wasnt his fault.. I flipped again (in the middle of the store mind you) telling him that was the problem with their f'n company, noone gave a %$%$%$%$ about the customer at all.... He warned me again, and told me to ask for the 40 page manual that customer service had for the warantee, I DEMANDED the girl find it and she scrambled, We went back and forth for another minute, the guy finally warned me for a third time to calm down, so I told him to f' off and hung up.. I told the girl that I didnt need the manual, and left...

That was a week ago, I got a check for $25.00 in the mail yesterday to cover the remainder of my warantee... Go figure....

and

2. I noticed on the receipt the other day (purchased before the events of #1) that they charged me FULL price for the TV and didnt apply the credit.. I called the store immediately and it was supposedly fixed... Ill find out for sure in a day or so.

DONT SHOP CIRCUIT CITY

aim: SaltedBrian
BrianS is offline   Reply With Quote