View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:02 PM   #92
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
well if someone wants to volunteer to come up with an initial investment of 2 grand, then maybe it could happen. John put a lot of time and work into that plug shirt design but it is so expensive to produce that even sold at 20 to 25 each it might break even. It has so many colors that adds to cost and the minimum run is alot of shirts to commit to. 150 shirts is a lot of shirts to sell. The other route to go with the shirts would not give as high a quality but ya don't need a commitment and they sell and ship. I know John has no time and is not setup to sell them by mail so that is why it's best to try to sell them at these type events. He will have some of the surfcaster shirts that he had at Striperfest and the last leg at M&D's if anyone wants one of those btw.

Slip is right - I spent 100+ hours on a shirt that was too expensive to realistically do. At the time I had a couple grand (yes, 2,000 smackers) that still would have nearly broken the S-B bank allocated to that shirt. I can't do it this time around.

I WILL have some of these shirts as prizes though for Plugfest. I can do a few in L O W numbers at H I G H cost to me which is why I'll run off a few as prizes. I don't even have one

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote