View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007, 04:03 AM   #21
BassDawg
Trophy Hunter Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
Bzzzt. Wrong answer. Thank you for playing. We have some nice parting gifts.

The Dolphins repeated the next season, beating the Vikings 24-7 in the Super Bowl. It was their third straight trip to the SB. They lost to Dallas the year prior to their 14-0 season.
Mike P, thanks for keepin' it reel. That sounded funny to me while I was posting it, and I knew I should've checked my stats. I also figured that someone would call me on it .

So they had 1 GREAT season, and two Buffaloesque seasons .

I've always respected their place in NFL History; however their comments of late (Shula, Morris) have begun to tarnish their reputation somewhat. What ever happened to shaking the man's hand on the way to the top of the mountain? Stepping down from a longheld place of prominence, rather than stepping on your good name and memory?

The '71-'74 Dolphins were very good, but they couldn't even suit up with these Patriots. Before it's all said and done ~providing good health, an excellent receiving corps, we keep on drafting probowl offensive linemen, and we reload on the defensive side of the football~ these Pats could potentially rewrite the Record Books. And we'll be here to see it, God willing!!!

"The first condition of happiness is that the connection
between man and nature shall not be broken."~~ Leo Tolstoy

Tight Lines, and
Happy Hunting to ALL!
BassDawg is offline   Reply With Quote