View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #28
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I don't think anyone here is knocking anyone, whether they have an appearance of good health or not, from possessing a HP placard.

My only other concern now that it has been brought up though is, what about when the handicapped person is in the vehicle, has no intention of getting out of the vehicle at the store, and has just gone to the store for the ride to get out and still utilizes a handicapped parking space whilke the person with them goes into the store to get what they went for. Been there, seen that.

My father didn't get one for years , but had polio. He didn't want anyone to think he was handicapped. Maybe thats why he went into the Army and almost made it through boot camp before his legs gave out.

I have an aquaintance who went to the registry in Boston to renew his CDL license. His wife has emphysema bad and has a placard. This nitwit parks right in front of the front door in an HP spot with a state trooper standing right there, without the wife being in the car. Goes inside, renews his CDL, albeit a short-lived renewal, and goes back out to his wifes car and tries to drive away. Trooper had allready checked on who the placard was issued to. Lost his CDL license right there. Vehicle was towed, because Peter could no longer drive. Placard was confiscated, but given back to Kathy the wife. Duh, out of work for six months.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote