View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 07:47 PM   #51
PASurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin Jiggin View Post
If we're done going down that road, has anyone actually had any experience with the #^&#^&#^&#^&nite stuff in salt ??
I experimented with it for a while several years ago -- used it over a variety of paints (acrylics, laquers and enamels), and it played well with all except spray metallics... kinda melted them, especially chrome and silver. Liked it initially -- except you really need excellent ventilation, or you're going to get fumigated -- but found that #^&#^&#^&#^&'s stuff is not immune to bluefish teeth and jetty rocks. You can dip your lures, and it will become tack-free in a room above 85 degrees in about 2 hours, is fishable within 8 hours, and fully cured in about a week... at which point, if anything, it may become a little too brittle for a coating over a soft substriate (wood).

But it stinks to high heaven in a closed space, is relatively expensive, and won't stay liquid in the can very long once opened (3 weeks was the longest I got, and that was after being extremely careful; one can flashed overnight, when I left the lid loose between sets of lures).

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd rate it 6/7 in the salt used over wood.
PASurfer is offline   Reply With Quote