Thread: Eel blank...
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #11
JFigliuolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Josh,
I know why you didn't like the 1088 I bought off of you. I used it once and decided it needed to be set up differently. The reelseat was 25" from the butt, too high on a 9 footer for me. You also had one less guide, all were one size bigger than on my original 1088. When I finish rewrapping that stick, I'm gonna put it in your hands to try again. As yours was wrapped, it had no balls or casting power.

If you've got an SU 1088 w/no balls or casting power someone f'd up something. for plugs 2-4 ounces it SHOULD be a rocket launcher. I's OK for eels but not ideal. Also it's got more backbone than you will ever need...EVER.

Now if it's the SW1088 then it is less rod with decidedly less power. It irks me when people just say RS 1088, as the SW and SU are 2 VERY different rods.

FWIW, #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& used and loved a sabre 1088, which is very similiar to the SW1088 and loved it for eels.

Personally. I'm not nuts about the lami gsb series, I like fast rods, even for eels.

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement -- Keith Benning
JFigliuolo is offline   Reply With Quote