View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

Brush #1 ,,,, Badger 350 .. very inexpensive ,, I think about $40.00.. I started with one of these . I bought this one a few years ago because I was going to change to oil paints .. This syphon feed brush is the best choice for that because the paint doesn't go thru the brush .Just gets in syphon tube .. I bought quarts of paint in all the primary colors then never did it . Mac was doing it at the time and its still messier than the water base . I don't think oil paint is what it use to be either, say in the Pichney days . I think all the bad stuff that made it good has been removed .. " user freindly" ..

Brush #2 is a Badger 200 sg detail brush .. It has a very small reservoir at the top . Maybe its just me ... seems to be a clogfest with createx . I didn't try thinning .. I was thinking about inks lately ,, I'm glad I didn't dump the brush . I think it may be good for inks ..

Brush #3 is a Badger 155 Anthem ... served me very well .. used this one a ton . I rebuilt it once . Parts were inexpensive .. piece of cake .. But I wanted more detail .

Brush #4 is a Peak 3 .. Alot of Iwata guys are going to these because they are very inexspensive and seem to be the same brush as the Iwata Eclipse I think it is .. I get better detail but I seem to be developing a sticky spot right when the paint is about to spray .. I feel plunger sticking ..

My compressor is an old sears type laydown thats under the crawl space . It has a water trap but never any water in there. I set it at about 35 lbs. or what ever the kids left it on when they were filling thier car tires .. I would like to put a air pressure control where I'm working .. On the hose or something so I wouldn't have to crawl under there.

I hate cleaning my airbrush and will try to get thru a session with it sputtering and puking paint .

I work with a 5 gallon bucket of warm clean water next to me . I keep all my paints in 2 ounce glass bottles . Blast caps were expensive when I started and a glass jar was $.80.. In between colors I unscrew paint jar I've been using ,, take off tube from brush and blow the paint out .. Then submerse the whole thing in the bucket of water and blow water thru the brush until clean ,, then screw on next color ... Works for me .. I use airbrush cleaner at the very end ,, when finished .. I would like to try that airbrush lube ,, heard it was good..

I always spray bomb /rattle can a plugs base coat color first ... white/yellow/whatever ... I dot eyes ,,red chin,, with airbrush .. not as much into scale at the moment ... My paint has become very boring .. Not that the thrill is gone ,, but only trying to impress fish not fisherman .. white,,black,,yellow ,,olive,, blue/white... thats about it for me . some I leave naked and put a skin on .. sorry for late response .. looking for time to 2 finger type all this ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brushes.JPG
Views:	612
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	25381   Click image for larger version

Name:	paint.JPG
Views:	567
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	25382  

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)