View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post

Brush #3 is a Badger 155 Anthem ... served me very well .. used this one a ton . I rebuilt it once . Parts were inexpensive .. piece of cake .. But I wanted more detail .

Brush #4 is a Peak 3 .. Alot of Iwata guys are going to these because they are very inexspensive and seem to be the same brush as the Iwata Eclipse I think it is .. I get better detail but I seem to be developing a sticky spot right when the paint is about to spray .. I feel plunger sticking ..

My compressor is an old sears type laydown thats under the crawl space . It has a water trap but never any water in there. I set it at about 35 lbs. or what ever the kids left it on when they were filling thier car tires .. I would like to put a air pressure control where I'm working .. On the hose or something so I wouldn't have to crawl under there.

I hate cleaning my airbrush and will try to get thru a session with it sputtering and puking paint .

I work with a 5 gallon bucket of warm clean water next to me . I keep all my paints in 2 ounce glass bottles . Blast caps were expensive when I started and a glass jar was $.80.. In between colors I unscrew paint jar I've been using ,, take off tube from brush and blow the paint out .. Then submerse the whole thing in the bucket of water and blow water thru the brush until clean ,, then screw on next color ... Works for me .. I use airbrush cleaner at the very end ,, when finished .. I would like to try that airbrush lube ,, heard it was good..

I always spray bomb /rattle can a plugs base coat color first ... white/yellow/whatever ... I dot eyes ,,red chin,, with airbrush .. not as much into scale at the moment ... My paint has become very boring .. Not that the thrill is gone ,, but only trying to impress fish not fisherman .. white,,black,,yellow ,,olive,, blue/white... thats about it for me . some I leave naked and put a skin on .. sorry for late response .. looking for time to 2 finger type all this ..
I have the Anthem and the Iwata Eclipse.I get as about as fancy as I can with these.I like the Anthem for laying base an then I use the Eclipse for chins an eyes.I don't do scales an really don't see spots as making one hell of a difference either.
I pretty much set up to paint the same way.Spray,doosh,spray,sputter.
I still like painting..I takes me time to set it up an break it down.I can have fun with 3-6 plugs.It takes me forever to make that many.I have three to prime so I'm getting closer to another batch.I have a good selection of acrylic paints 80 percent createx.I have been using some liquitex on a suggestion and I like them also,. I like to mix colors up an I have lots of bottles with different colors in em.I like to spray them fancy ink paints.They are light.More money that the others an they don't seem to last as long.Proabaly because I fall in love when I'm spraying it an I use to much.I like interference or chameleon over everything.Not over darks.Mostly I use it over medium to light colors also..I love that iridescent pearlized fishy look.I have some when it's gone. I will have to try to find something else.duh..Other than that I just paint em in colors I like to use..Like Taggerman I stick to a few basic colors.Had some spike weakfish last fall I might make Something for them in the next batch so I will have something of my own to toss.Slip made me a real nice one.
I digress.
My compressor is a 1980 sears 2hp 5 gall electric.Used to lug it around for work now it is retired to the garage.I have Mac Tools commercial separator an pressure gage set up right at the end of the gun hose..with a splitter for both guns.I'm always loaded which is nice when one of the guns crap the bed.
I will spray from 30 down to 8 lbs..With all the different paints I use it nice to be able to dial around for the right pressure.More work.
I would have to say we are pretty similar..
Cept u make have made way more than I have...I kinda stumble through it and it comes out OK.

FORE!
It's usually darkest just before it turns Black..
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote