View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 12:42 PM   #25
Rockfish9

I hate painting... one of these days, I'm gonna stop painting and just seal 'em!

I have 3 Brushes... The "starter" brush I bought when I decided to give up rattle cans, is a Badger 350...I like to lay a white base over my primer ( Binz shelac based) to start the process...I still use this for that.

I have a badger Anthem 175... It's a good gun, a little heavy but it will do fine detail, it's biggest draw back is the external needle point.. the damn thing always finds a way to find a hunk of clothing or your hide, thus bending the needle...if paint begins to dry on the tip, it's a simple matter to "pinch " the paint ball off with your finger nail...

My third brush is a Badger 150, it's OK but extremly fussy about paint mix.. the other thing I dis like about it is the "O" ring that seals the tip... too easy to loose....

I run an Ingersol Rand pancake compressor, I have built a sound reducing box around it and hooked a computer fan into the pressure switch, when the compressor turns on, so does the fan, fresh air is provided by a pair of screen/filters in front to the box, it is hard piped through the shop, there is a water trap ( never an issue in the winter) mounted on the wall... at the painting station, there are two regulated ports, run through true pressure regulators ( no drop across the control ports).. atached to each of these is a disposable . micron filter... over kill but I get them from work

For paint I use mostly Delta Ceramacoat, I've marked all my paint jars with tape, I use a 50/50 mix of paint and water, I've never had a real issue witht the plain water... I think I have every color Delta makes( always looking for the perfect color).. but pobably use maybe 6 different ones...with pearl white and black the most popular.

I keep a bucket of warm soapy( lemon Joy) water near the bench
this is for rinsing the paint cups and jars, final cleaning is with the lemon joy and fresh water......
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote