View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #11
Dr.fish

Mill owner called me last night....Here's the latest on the wood...as best as I understand it... He will do his best to cut 32 inch lengths and they will cost $1.50 per length...that's only a 10 cent increase. He will also cut wood divisible by 8 inches...reason(s) for this...1. less waste can keep price down 2. I asked builders quite some time ago what the most common size blank they used. Although I received responses from 2 inches to a foot, 8 inches was by far the most common length. He will cut as many 32 inch pieces as he can and we'll some how put them in bundles of 10. He'll also bundle pieces that fit into the 8 plus inch category. I told him to mark the bundles with what he is charging for them, I'll be damn if I'm going to sit around figuring board feet. So that's the skinny...I'll bring as much as I can fit in the truck.

I know that the original packaging was for 30 inch sticks, 10 per bundle...We'll see what he brings me...figure the price to be $15.00 per bundle...for 26.666 linear feet. That's the best I can do gents.

The following is the list of guys that want AWC or Cypress in the order that I received them:

TheDadFisherman 2 bndls
ProfM 2 bndls AWC 2 Cypress planks
Numbskull 2 bndls
Nightfighter 2 bndls
Vineyardblues 2 bndls
Gonefishing 2 bndls
Tagger 2 bndls
Diggin Jiggin 2 bndls
Mikecc 1 AWC 1 Cypress plank
PNG 1 AWC 1 Cypress plank
Back Beach Jake 1 bndl
Charleston 2 bndls