View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 07:48 PM   #11
PNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggin Jiggin View Post
George I did not try moving the line tie. I was thinking about flattening the forehead and just putting a flat lip on the face of the plug and drilling the line tie thru it but I got it to do what I wanted to before I got to that point...

It's an interesting shape and you can do a lot with it. Very similar to some of the handcarved shapes you guys made last year.

Chris, thanks for the demo last year. I learned a lot. I finally picked up a pair of the psi super centers in november and I've been playing with this stuff ever since. Last time I was in the shop Mike gave me a few unbent ones, but I had trouble getting the right size/shape. I must have held the one of yours thats hanging on the wall there 1/2 a dozen times... I kept changing them on the belt sander and swimming them, but I never got it right. The lexan's real easy for me to work with. One of the tackle mags had a few pages of their lips printed real size, so I just keep tracing different ones, and rough them out on the bandsaw, then shaping them on the sander. Best thing about the lexan is the lip slot I need is the same width as my table saw blade so its easy to cut square slots...

Yer welcome, and I just picked up a couple tips from you so thank you.

The flat lip needs modification, its a pia. Im thinking the goo goo will work almost as is.

We should meet at the troll HQ and compare swim our children this weekend

Plugs Rule
PNG is offline   Reply With Quote