View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid kids Dad View Post
WOW.Get a life
F- you.
Been there, done that, partied several years of my life away, saw and did a lot of stupid crap, and owned up to the consequences when it went to far. As I said who gives a crap if he smokes pot. I certainly don't and am not naive enough to think he's the only one in sports doing it. I just was shocked at how apologist most people were being, by justifying it w/ the amount he had on him etc.. I do my best not to judge; I like the occasional beer/cocktail, you like the occasional joint, fine. I'm probably one of the more socially liberal people on this site, but it is still the law and he is still in the public eye; like it or not he is held to a higher standard. I like my beer but if I was making that kind of dough and beer was illegal, I wouldn't be drinking!

I didn't want it to be an argument about the legality of it, fine by me, sell it, make some taxes on it and be done with it. My point was if he wasn't a Patriot, MOST people here (other than MrH ) wouldn't have been so 'nice' about it. It might not have been news, BUT if he was a giant you guys would have been all over him.

BD; Spygate, however bogus it is, is vastly different than a player getting caught with weed. Does it reflect the team? not really, but it does show they aren't perfect. It has nothing to do with
agendas.

Paul,
thats fine, re: calling him a hypocrite, I understand your point, but he's making millions and is a public figure, any heat he takes is justified. Not calling for his head is one thing, others were justifying; it's like justifying steroids in baseball; well EVERYBODY is doing it...

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 02-28-2008 at 06:42 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
RIROCKHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote