View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #25
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDawg View Post
I did say win SOME SBowls. One and done, doesn't even begin to appraoch the Greatness that this ownership, this Coach, and these Players have accomplished. All of last year's GTOAT rhetoric did not come from one Great season, just like they have not become THE model franchise of the NFL ~overnight. This kind of dominance takes time, and concentration, and dedication, and imagination ~especially so in the Salary Cap and Free Agency Eras, just my view gents.

Hats off to your post season, the Giants earned and deserved XLII, but let's see what happens with SB's XLIII, XLIV, and XLV???
Did you know that since they entered the NFL in 1925--35 years before the Patriots even existed--the NY Giants have played in more NFL Championship games than any other NFL team? More than the Bears or Packers. They've been owned in whole or in part by the same family since 1925. When you talk about model franchises, ownership stability must count for something. Giants' season tickets haven't been for sale for most of my lifetime. You have a nice thing going up there with Kraft in recent times, but to call it THE model franchise is a little over the top. They're among the model franchises, but fans in other places--Green Bay and Dallas among them--would debate the point. Especially Green Bay--since the fans own the team

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote