View Single Post
Old 03-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #367
Clogston29
xxx

adam,

a few pointers that might help you break through the plateau

1. ditch the popcorn, it'll just make you hungry and is the nutritional equivalent of cardboard with calories

2. add more protein (chicken, fish, lean beaf) and some good fat (olive oil, nuts, etc.) and spread it out over 3 meals and three snacks every day. eat every 2-3 hours, and make sure you get some protein and fat each time. don't eat more, just spread it out more

3. vitamins won't help with hunger and recovery (although a good mutivitamin is always a good thing). go with a low carb protein shake (whey powder and water) if you feel like you need something right after the gym, i'd take it within 30 minutes of the end of your workout.

4. swap out some of the coffee for water and green tea. more than 4 cups of coffee a day will actually hurt your workouts. shoot for at least 3-4 liters of water per day

5. as far as workouts, if your looking to switch it up, try high intensity interval training (HIIT). Basically a five minute warmup, and then a series of 6 intervals of running or biking as hard as you can for a minute and walking for a minute, then cooling down for 5 minutes. really kicks up your metabolism more than any other cardio (something about anabolic and aerobic systems being engaged). I switched to it when i hit a plateau a few weeks ago and have dropped 10 pounds since.

just a few things that work for me.

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker" - Van Helsing
Clogston29 is offline   Reply With Quote