Thread: Taxes
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #6
spence

First off, anyone who thinks that computer programmers coming from India to the USA is a "huge problem" has little idea of how the global hightech economy works and what does and does not benefit the USA. We could use more Indian computer developers, not less.

Secondly, if you have a green card you can't simply bring your parents here with you. You can petition for your spouse and kids to enter the country, but even this is regulated with government quotas.

And as MakoMike says, there's no instant qualification for SS. I looked it up and unless you're disabled I believe there's a 10 year minimum to receive benefits at age 62.

So much for a gravy train of retired Indians living la dolce vita in Mumbai. Unless there's some reporting on this? I haven't seen any.

I'm not going to challenge the flow of illegals into this country, whatever the number it certainly is pretty huge is perhaps even bigger than you state.

But you're saying the majority of those being returned violating US law are child molesters?

Got any real statistics to back this up or are you just trying to make people afraid of Mexicans? I can't find any direct stats on this but it does look like the vast majority of aliens expelled from the US are voluntary, which wouldn't be the case if they were in violation of US criminal law.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote