Thread: turn signals
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 07:34 AM   #6
BMEUPSCOTTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Babe View Post
What about the "Cape Special"? The person in front of you comes to a dead stop for no apparent reason...oh, yeah, they stopped to let a person without the right of way pull out onto the road. Sometimes courtesy spills overboard into idiocy.
OOhhh, you hit one of my biggest peeves. "Courtesy". Way back when we started driving, they created the right of way rules so that traffic would keep flowing. It absolutely kills me when I am approaching a four way stop, I am still moving, and there is one other vehicle already stopped. Instead of just going, they sit there and wait until I come to a complete stop. Either they don't think I am going to stop (which I doubt, cause I approach slowly, downshifting) or they are waiting for me to wave them through. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY DUMBASS!!! GO ALREADY! Why do you think when I am approaching the same intersection and estimate that it is going to be a "tie" between me and one or more cars I stop a few feet short of the line so I will be the first to go?!?
BMEUPSCOTTY is offline   Reply With Quote