Thread: turn signals
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2008, 08:06 AM   #9
Pete_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
OOhhh, you hit one of my biggest peeves. "Courtesy". Way back when we started driving, they created the right of way rules so that traffic would keep flowing. It absolutely kills me when I am approaching a four way stop, I am still moving, and there is one other vehicle already stopped. Instead of just going, they sit there and wait until I come to a complete stop. Either they don't think I am going to stop (which I doubt, cause I approach slowly, downshifting) or they are waiting for me to wave them through. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY DUMBASS!!! GO ALREADY! Why do you think when I am approaching the same intersection and estimate that it is going to be a "tie" between me and one or more cars I stop a few feet short of the line so I will be the first to go?!?
I'm right there with you Bass Babe and BMEUPSCOTTY, that one REALLY ticks me off too. Let's make ALL the vehicles on the road stop and then do the one thing that comsumes the MOST gas possible, accelerate from a stop...

And turn signals do seem to have become increasingly rare thanks to various distractions and/or simply poor driving skills. I've been using my horn more generously in "no turn signal" incidents.
Pete_G is offline   Reply With Quote