View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 11:38 AM   #1
kayaman
bass addict

WARNING PHONE SCAM

I recieved this from my local police dept ... BEWARE.......
Subject: Fw: Interesting information about a phone scam! "copy of e-mail from law enforcement officer"
I received a telephone call last evening from an
individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service technician who was conducting a test on telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test
I should touch nine(9), zero(0), the pound sign (#), and then hang up.=

Luckily, I was suspicious and refused. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting
individual full access to your telephone line,which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number.

I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons. I have also verified this information with UCB Telecom,

Pacific Bell, MCI, Bell Atlantic and GTE. Please beware. DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE. The GTE Security Department requested that I share this
information with EVERYONE I KNOW. PLEASE pass this on to everyone YOU know. If you have mailing lists and/or newsletters from organizations are connected with, I encourage you to pass on this information to them After checking with Verizon they said it was true, so do not dial (9),=
zero(0), the pound sign # and hang up for anyone.

one more cast.....

don't forget to take your trash home
kayaman is offline   Reply With Quote