Thread: Interesting
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 05:21 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Spence, it sounds like you have all the answers. I'm sure someone who can predict terrorist attacks could come in real handy. Sounds like your quite impressed with Bin Laden. Your wrong about why these people do what they do. The young Palistines believe they will be made marters and their familys are paid by Hammas. Look at the few idiot Americans that joined the Taliban. They were for the most part confused,spoiled little pukes who needed a cause and were looking to feel like they had a purpose in life. We have a lot of them in this country.
Predict isn't the same thing as predictable, and yes Bin Laden is quite impressive. Unfortunately for him he seems to believe he's a larger figure in history than he really is, and his long-term solutions to the plight of oppressed people aren't looking all that viable.

But once again you're mixing motives, reasons and root causes.

Studies have been done on Palestenian suicide bombers and while some may believe in martyrdom many are not even all that religious and do it simply because they're conned into believing it will make a difference. They are full of rage and don't see any more attractive options...

The 9/11 attack wasn't a group gambit for virgins, it happened for real reasons as I've detailed above.

I don't have all the answers, but I have done the work to at least try to understand what the heck is going on. To do so requires you lower your guard a bit, but I think it makes you stronger as a result.

-spence